Starting today Lizzy™ supports two different methods of printing invoices. The first method is the same one that Lizzy™ has provided since the start, click the print button and a PDF document is downloaded to your computer, which you can then view and print from your PDF viewer. The second method is the new feature, this method allows your browser to print the PDF without downloading and saving a file, and without using your PDF viewer. The new method requires some additional software to be installed, the installation steps are listed below.
- First you will need to download and install java. Click here to open java.com in a new window.
- Once there click the red button that says “Free Java Download”.
- If java is not already installed on your computer your red button that says “Agree and Start Free Download”, click the button to start the download. If java is already installed you will just get a page telling you what version you have, in which case you can skip to the last step.
- Now run the file the java installer that you just downloaded.
- Once the installer starts you will see the license agreement. Once you have read the agreement click the install button
- When the installer finishes close and restart your browser.
- Last step. Login to Lizzy™ and try to print an invoice.
The first time you try print an invoice using this new method, it can take 5 – 10 seconds to load the printing module, depending on the speed of your internet connection and the speed of your computer. Once the module is loaded you should get the standard printer dialog window, just pick your printer and click the print button. All successive print requests should only take 1 – 3 seconds to load, since the module is already loaded. If you close your browser or restart your computer you will have the 5 – 10 second delay on your first print request, as your browser will have to re-download the printing module.