A while back, MPN published a Dealer Management System shopping guide. I thought it would be good to see how Lizzy measures up, so let’s forge ahead:
1. Does the system offer 24 hours a day, seven days a week access to your data from any device on any operating system, or can you only access your data from the computer at the store? Yes, Lizzy does this.
2. Does the DMS provider back up your system and your data on a daily basis, or do you need to do it yourself and be involved in managing technology? Lizzy is backed up automatically, no involvement is required on your part.
3. Does the DMS provider perform the system updates for you, or is it something you need to learn and do for yourself? Lizzy updates are applied by Nizex with no involvement or cost necessary on your part.
4. Are you required to sign a long-term contract that locks you in with a specific provider for a specific amount of time, or can you pay month-to-month and pay for only the specific number of users on the system in any given month? Lizzy does NOT require a contract, you can cancel service at any time. Lizzy is a monthly fee service based on the number of users.
5. Does the DMS system require a significant upfront investment and include monthly or annual software support to maintain the system? Lizzy has a small one-time setup fee that includes conversion, first month’s service, training, and set up. Unlimited support is included in your monthly user fee.
6. Does the DMS system require you to purchase specific hardware (computers) with specific operating systems, or can the DMS run any device using any operating system? Lizzy does NOT require special computers or operating system. In most cases you can use what you currently have.
7. Does the DMS system have an integrated accounting program combined with a payroll and credit card module so you are getting a complete business system rather than just a POS and inventory control program? Yes, Lizzy has this, and more.
8. Does the DMS system include modules such as eCommerce integration, consignment, rental, finance & insurance, CRM, accounting, warranty/rebates, invoicing, etc. or are you required to purchase each module separately? Lizzy includes all of these. The CRM is available by itself if desired.
9. Is the system easy to use? Lizzy is user friendly, and how-to videos are available 24/7 for new hires to get up to speed quickly.
10. What type of training is offered to assist the dealer in learning the system? Print, online videos, online training, on-site training? All of these are offered with Lizzy, on-site training cost extra, most use the online videos and web training.
11. Does the DMS system offer you the ability to email or text message your customers? Yes, Lizzy also allows you to conduct email campaigns directly from the system.
12. What kind of reporting does the system offer? Can you customize reports? Lizzy offers dozens of reports to cover: accounting, sales, inventory, profit & loss, etc.
13. Does the DMS provider manage you price files for you? Yes, Lizzy does this.
14. Is the DMS system able to integrate with all the different parts look-up programs and/or does the system offer any direct integration with a parts look-up vendor? Yes, Lizzy has direct integration with ARI Parts Stream. Other parts look-up services have exclusive agreements with other providers and therefore do not allow others to offer their services.
15. What kind of technical support does the DMS provider provide? Lizzy offers US based tech support Mon-Fri 9-6 EST, and Sat 9-Noon.
16. Is the DMS system designed to grow as your company grows, and can the system manage multi-store operations? Yes, from the very beginning Lizzy was design to handle multi-location and multi-store formats. And Lizzy spans easily from 1 location to 100 or more.
17. Does the DMS provider offer software demonstrations and/or give you access to their system so you can “test drive” the software and do complete and thorough evaluation of the features and benefits prior to making a decision? Yes, access to the trial system is free and unlimited, we encourage you to experiment with it as much as possible. We give a full, real-time guided demo online. It is interactive so you can ask questions during the demo.
18. Will the DMS provider offer you a long list of satisfied customers so you have an opportunity to speak with and ask questions of actual end users? Yes, if the end-user gives permission to release there contact info as a reference.
I’d say we match up very well. Keep this list in mind while evaluating your options.
You will find a copy of this shopping guide in the Sept. 14, 2012 issue of Motorcycle & Powersports News